I Will Choose You
I Will Choose You
If the moon could borrow beauty from the earth,
it would still fall short of you.
The flowers may bloom, the rivers may sing,
and the stars may fill the sky,
but you are the wonder
nature could never blender.
And I remember my promises.
I promised to stay
when the days are bright
and when the skies turn grey.
To listen when you speak,
and even when your heart is silent.
To hold your hand through every storm
and make room for all your dreams.
I promised you my word,
and I want my life to be the proof.
For I don’t love you only
for the beauty I see today.
I love the soul behind your eyes,
the heart that makes you you.
So let the seasons change,
let the years turn our hair to silver,
let the world become something new.
I will still choose you.
Again in every morning,
again in every lifetime,
again in every tomorrow.
And when we are old,
beneath some quiet evening sky,
I hope I can still hold your hand
and whisper
“I love you my princess”


Comments