When the Universe Learned Our Names
When the Universe Learned Our Names
Before you,
I thought the stars were only stars,
until you came into my life
and taught me that the universe
had been practicing
for the moment it would create you.
Maybe you were the song
my heart knew before I was born,
and when I finally heard your voice,
something inside me whispered:
“There you are.”
You are not simply
the person I fell in love with,
you are the place
where my heart finally stopped running.
One day, you were you,
and I was simply me.
Then somehow, beautifully,
we became us.
Let Romeo have his Juliet,
let the poets keep their stories,
I don’t want a love that belongs to a legend.
I want ours.
A love that stays through ordinary days,
holds hands through every storm,
and grows old without growing tired
of choosing each other.
And when our hair turns silver
and time writes its poetry on our faces,
I hope I still look at you
as if the universe
has just happened for the first time.
Because out of every person,
every place,
every lifetime,
every possible universe,
I would still choose you.
And if there is another life after this one,
find me again.
I’ll recognize you. ❤️


Comments